We're Building A NETWORK OF Community problem solvers.
This is your invitation.
At InsightFormation, our work is rooted in a moral imperative: everyone deserves to be healthy. Our PopHealth Impact training program equips you* with the knowledge, tools, and networks to change the way the world tackles our most challenging problems.
What you'll learn:
- Successfully design and implement cross-sector, multi-organization community health improvement plans to achieve sustainable Collective Impact
- Co-create a strategic framework, prioritize and align projects, reduce fragmentation of community service offerings, and create lasting impact for those you serve
- Blend the basics of Collective Impact with Strategy Management, Asset-Based Community Development, and Rapid-Cycle Quality Improvement—to enable successful “backbone support” for achieving Collective Impact
*PopHealth Impact is designed for the following audiences:
- People working for hospitals, health departments, or philanthropic organizations (such as United Way or similar organizations) striving to lead successful community health improvement efforts
- Staff of “backbone organizations” who wish to build their skills and expertise on how to co-create and manage multi-stakeholder, cross-sector health improvement strategies
- Coalition members looking for ways to combat opioid abuse and structural racism in their communities
- Recent college graduates or grad students seeking to gain valuable experience and learning that will give them an advantage in a career focused on helping build stronger, healthier communities, and to advance the success of prevention and Collective Impact efforts
- People in (or interested in) career transition looking to update their skills with valuable new training
We proudly support people interested in taking up this important work. Special discounts apply for recent college graduates or people in career transition, as well as the purchase of two or more registrations. See the registration page for details.
Is PopHealth Impact for you?
Click here to find answers to the typical questions we get asked about PopHealth Impact. We’ll tell you everything about the program and what it takes so you can make the best decision for you.
Our five-week online course focuses on the opioid crisis, racial disparities, and neighborhood revitalization as examples to be applied to other issues. All instructional modules are recorded to accommodate existing work or class schedules. Participants engage with subject matter experts and colleagues during weekly group discussions. Participants should expect to spend five to ten hours per week on webinars, discussions, and study materials.
- Week 1: Establish the Urgency and Commitment to Collaborate on Selected Health Issues
- Week 2: Introduce the New Concepts, Techniques, and Tools for Managing a Community Strategy
- Week 3: Engage the Coalition in Co-Creating a Strategy Map & Distribute the Work of Strategy Execution
- Week 4: Adopt Shared Measures and a Shared Measurement System
- Week 5: Harness, Align, and Monitor the Actions
Thousands of passionate community health practitioners, coalitions, and organizations are hard at work across the United States seeking to make an impact, but too often organizations work in isolation and use methods that have not achieved sufficient success. The “Collective Impact” approach weaves together the work of many organizations across sectors, based on the following characteristics: Common Agenda, Shared Measurements, Mutually Reinforcing Activities, Continuous Communication, and Backbone Support.
A key to achieving Collective Impact success is the capacity of the backbone organization, which has staff and tools to coordinate the efforts of all cross-sector coalition members to align around the shared strategy. Insightformation is globally recognized as a leader in technology and consulting services that enable broad coalitions to tame the complexity of today’s most pressing social challenges and better work as an aligned team.
Insightformation has developed a new curriculum to educate the next generation of population health professionals in valuable practices that can enhance this emerging approach to systems leadership and successful community strategy implementation. Participants will be able share the recordings, templates, and other resources with community partners to build collaboration capacity in their health improvement coalition.
Enjoy a preview of training materials:
The team of instructors, led by Bill Barberg, have deep knowledge and experience advancing innovative practices.
- Bill Barberg is a highly regarded expert, speaker, and consultant on collaborative strategy management and Collective Impact. He frequently conducts workshops or delivers keynote addresses on collective impact for improving community health, and has consulted with dozens of organizations and communities, many of which are gaining recognition as models of success.
- Amanda Mancuso, MPH offers expertise in food systems, environmental health, strategy management. Prior to earning her MPH from the Colorado School of Public Health, she spent 10 years as a social worker.
Owen Hawkins, MPP offers expertise in criminal justice and mass incarceration, affordable housing, and social policy and analysis. Owen received his Masters of Public Policy from the Humphrey School at the University of Minnesota, and earned a Bachelor's degree in Anthropology at Reed College in Portland, Oregon.
Bill, Amanda, and Owen are supported by other members of Insightformation's growing consulting team. Experienced program participants will also lead and facilitate various discussions throughout the course.
For more details please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org