Creating positive impact on the opioid crisis
Communities across the country face many challenges in addressing opioid abuse. Opioid-related deaths and related health and social problems are rising at an alarming rate. In response, Insightformation has built a strategic template for community response to the opioid crisis. This template builds on the plans, experiences, and insights of communities across the United States.
Three-part Webinar Series:
Insightformation hosts a webinar series to help communities learn how Strategy Maps can drive solutions to the opioid crisis. Webinar participants learn the value of using a “Zoomable Strategy Map” as a way to organize the details of a multi-faceted strategy that coordinates the efforts of a broad group of stakeholders. Strategy Maps also become a framework for measurement and evaluation. Participants hear from industry professionals who are engaging a broad number of organizations to accelerate efforts and rapidly make progress on this important health issue.
The following series is from Fall 2016.
Webinar Series Part I:
Webinar Series Part II:
Webinar Series Part III:
- Section 1 (23 min.): Introduction and important techniques for managing the implementation of multi-stakeholder strategies
- Section 2 (8 min.): Case study (part 1), presented by Felicia Turner, on the Prevention Management Organization (PMO) of Wyoming’s journey in developing and using the strategy maps and using the InsightVision software
- Section 3 (14 min.): Case study (part 2), presented by Kristi Linn, shares the PMO’s use of the scorecards and strategy management functionality in Weston County
- Section 4 (8 min.): Case study, presented by Tyler Payne of the North Colorado Health Alliance, demonstrates the use of the public-facing Dashboards for Weld County
- Section 5 (10 min.): Insightformation Founder and President, Bill Barberg, shares innovative approaches to finding resources to implement the strategy
- Section 6 (19 min.): Introducing a second-generation approach to Social Impact Bonds to address the opioid crisis